Sunday, January 4, 2015

Sunday Sewing



Our son is getting married!!!  He and his finance live on the other side of the country so I won't be very involved in the wedding plans.  I am looking at the sunny side - less stress for me.

Of course I do want to be involved in some way so when she told me the colors would be coral and navy I goggled and haunted pinterest.  The  colors are very pretty together.  What to do what to do.  I found some bow clutches on Etsy and then a tutorial or two: Christina Clutch Tutorial and this one from Polkadot Chair

Now, remember, I live on an island and we do not have any big box stores or even a local quilt store so my choices in navy and coral were very limited.

The bag does need the interfacing, which I did not have, and a better zipper color (used what I had) but as this is a prototype I will adjust the pattern  anyway.

It needs a zipper pull

and definitely needs interfacing

Next time I will hand sew the lining as I think it makes for a neater finish and with the interface added the corners by the zipper are going to be even thicker.

That is it for my Sunday sewing.  Now do I have the courage to ask my future daughter-in-law if she has any interest in these as, maybe, bridesmaid gifts?

On to cook Sunday Supper  Eggplant Meatballs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Background and banner by Natalie