Sunday, October 12, 2014

2014 is a tough year

So far 2014 has been a bit rough on our family.  I broke - shattered according to the doctors- my elbow and two weeks ago my husband had open heart surgery.  My elbow has healed well and the hubby is  on the mend.

In order to help his spirits our DgD and I made him a gift.


The front of the pillow was designed by DgD.  She drew her Papa and his friend playing golf.  Then we dug through my material and found the crossword fabric, another of Papa's favorite things, for the back.  I found some gingham for the cording and tada

a pillow for Papa to hold to his chest when he coughs or sneezes.  He also has to put a pillow between his chest and a seat belt.

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet gift. Glad you're both on the mend.

    ReplyDelete

Background and banner by Natalie