Friday, May 10, 2013

Sew we Tweet

My turn!!! I am so nervous but what the heck at least I am putting myself out there; going out of my box.  Sort of like when I jog; as slow as I am, I am lapping those on the couch.

Deep breath so here we go....

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  Believe it or not that is a discussion we have had at our dinner table.  No one can explain the bunny that brings the eggs but what the heck colored eggs are the symbol of many things, including spring.                          photo.JPG


Then April arrives being many showers and baby ducklings.
                                                          photo.JPG

For a long time I have been wanting to make a Tibetan prayer flag.  To hang my flag up and have the wind blow my prayers out into the universe.  When my son joined the army that goal became stronger as I now pray for peace every day (something I should have been doing all along).  So when I saw this block hop, I thought PERFECT - a peace dove on a prayer flag.  Two birds with one stone if you will.
                                                            photo.JPG
So my first design ideas.  Did I mention that this is the first time I have made something from my own design?

                                                          photo.JPG 
I went with the more free hand dove with machine feather stitching in silver, over a gloomy sky, with hand embroidery outlining the dove.  The word "amniat" is in  Pashto and means peace. ( I know because it was on the internet and if it was on the internet it has to be true!) was cut free hand and is raw edged.
                                                          photo.JPG     
Then I added rays to help the dove bring her message to the world.  And here the prayer flag is blowing in the wind                                                    

Many thanks to Madame Samm and Mary for hosting this very chirpy blog hop.  My fellow bloggers for today are listed below.                                                              

                                                                   Friday, May 10

                

38 comments:

  1. What better bird to use for your prayer flag then a dove..very nice,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe we should all have peace flags flying! Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nana...did you have more pics than the one below..or is this it....check to see if they loaded...
    ahhh it is a flag....very nice

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am going to have to borrow your prayer flag idea! Love your dove!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the prayer flag, such a lovely idea.

    ukcitycrafter@live.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your idea for the prayer flag. Thank you so much for being part of this hop.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you joined us today, your prayer flag is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely flag. Pity only the last picture will show up for me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your prayer flag is beautiful! I'm so glad you put yourself out there to share with us. :O)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fabulous project!
    Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. We should all have one of these flying outside our windows. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am only getting the last photo to show for me, but it is really a lovely idea and design.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I also can only get the last photo, but it is a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I tried two browsers thinking I just couldn't open the pictures but apparently I am not the only one. What we can see looks lovely and you had a great idea in making the prayer flag. Could you try reloading the pictures??

    ReplyDelete
  15. Boo hoo, I can't see the photos either! :-( I know I am missing something great!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I can only see the last prayer flag photo. It's very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Same problem here also, but the Prayer flag is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your idea of the Prayer flag and you designed it yourself, my compliments for your work, it is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful banner and even more important is the sentiment. Thanks for sharing. Continuing prayers for everyone's child to come safely home.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Neat prayer flag...well done!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great idea to make a prayer flag...the peace dove is perfect for it. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm only able to see the last photo, but it looks great and your message of peace comes through loud and clear! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi!!! Yes...I love the last photo!!! Very pretty!!! Glad jumped in!!! That is how I felt too!!!! A little easier after doing several...but still get nervous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I like your peace dove. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I can only see the last picture. Very nice. And we'll never know which came first so that question unfortunately has no answer. It is fun to talk about though isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your banner is very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  27. For some reason I can only see your last photo... boo... The banner looks lovely from what I can see... (I'm sure this is not your fault)

    ReplyDelete
  28. That last photo shows a wonderful banner that you can be proud of. Welcome to the world of blog hops. I'm doing my second one come Tues. but I can see how addictive these can be!! thank you for sharing your banner with us.

    Sincerely,
    Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  29. Very nice idea, thanks for sharing.
    Bente

    ReplyDelete
  30. Amniat is the best for a prayer rug. Love that fringe along the bottom.

    ReplyDelete

Background and banner by Natalie