Sunday, May 6, 2012

Ummm Ummm Good

OMGoodness how time gets away from me.  It is hard to believe that it has been more than a month since I last   posted.  To be honest I have been a bit miffed by all the yack about copyrights.  By the time I finally get around to making something never mind finishing it I have no idea where I got the material or who designed it so I can't give credit to everyone"involved".  And since we live in such a litigious society I had visions of fabric and pattern designers running after me, shears a clacking, screaming foul.  It seems that  even though we purchased the pattern and bought the fabric we have no right to make, gift, take photos, blog about or sell anything.  Okay I know that is an extreme interpretation but it is how I was feeling.  Thank goodness I am over that.

In my last post I mentioned (blathered about) a grilled cheese contest that my brother and I entered.  Well we won second place in the savory contest - one of the judges said we should have won first and there was some questioning on the counting of the votes - yikes high jinks at a grilled cheese contest - so exciting.  And then we won first place in the sweet category.
Team Name: Two Siblings and  a Yute

And the winner is:  Cheddar Cheese Apple Pie a la mascarone!

That was our good by to winter celebration.  Our welcome spring celebration is Daffodil Weekend.

Even though a lot of our daffodils came out early because of the mild winter we still had enough for quite a good show.  And then came May Day

May Flowers for the May Baskets 
Our church delivers 80 May Day Baskets to shut ins and nursing home residents.  The cookies were my contribution.

Ta for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Background and banner by Natalie