Tuesday, March 6, 2012

15 Minute Challenge

A big thanks to Kate for keeping me motivated with this challenge.  While I have not been able to sew everyday I did get in some practice with my fmq  and I was able to spent a good chunk of time on Sunday - three to four hours - working on my DgD's Easter dress.

Here is one of my practice blocks - now pinned on my bulletin board to remind me that - oh yes I can!
No marking/stencil just eyeballed and away I went.  Stippling around the feather

I don't have a picture of the Easter dress as, once again grrr, we are having camera issues.  I finally broke down and ordered a new usb cord for charging the battery and it seems to be working.

The dress is made from a satin type of material - DgD's choice.  I never knew how much it frays and trying to sew with a 5/8" seam allowance after all the 1/4" seam allowances - well suffice  it to say I was not enjoying the process very much.  However the wee one loves it and that is what matters.

Enjoy your day  Nana B

4 comments:

  1. Way to go on the feather stitching! Congratulations!

    I've not made clothes in forever. I'm pretty sure I no longer know which is the 5/8" mark!

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice fmq. maybe one day I'll give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. if that's your practice work i'm totally impressed~!!~it looks beautiful~!

    :-)
    libbyQ

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh NanaB that looks amazing. (and eyeballed no less !)

    You go girl!

    ReplyDelete

Background and banner by Natalie