Sunday, February 5, 2012

Fallen behind or planning ahead

The new year has not brought me much time to sew.  On my days off I am trying to catch up with house work but most of my time is spent entertaining a three year old.  Today, however, I was a able to squeeze in some sewing time.  I have finally completed the inside panel of my Christmas Tree quilt.  So I had
fallen behind for Christmas 2011 but I am ahead (at the moment) for Christmas 2012!
                                                    

Of course, I still need to add borders etc etc but I  love this quilt top. The Star made it to the top of the tree even though it is hard to see
my trials and tribulations making this star were on an earlier post.

January was the last month of our free motion place mat swap. Moni has received hers and seems to be happy.  My camera went missing for a while, oh DD, so I didn't get a pic of the finished product.



Feeling blue that the swap had ended I joined a scrap happy swap. The first block is an arrow. Four arrows make one square. Eight of these will go in the mail tomorrow. 
 The next block is the wonky star.  I really like this swap as it is scrappy.  We have no LQS or big box material store here so it was hard trying to get small bits of material for the place mats.  Now I don't feel bad (cheap) going to my stash.

My DgD is now in pre-school so I made a little snack bag for her.

DgD and I have been trying ice skating this winter.  Boy oh boy is ice hard!  I have taken many a fall and have some whopper bruises but it sure is fun.


Nana with DgD and her friend


Ta Ta for now  Nana B





No comments:

Post a Comment

Background and banner by Natalie