Tuesday, February 28, 2012

15 Minute Challenge

Lets see if I can remember last week hmmmmm I really need to keep a diary or blog everyday ....

I would say that Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday were spent making excuses about why I couldn't get anything done.  Friday and Saturday I spent time finishing up a color block baby quit.



This little beauty was free motion quilted.  I used some patterns from Leah Day's site: lollipop, stippling, echo shell and a few others.  The vertical and horizontal lines down the center were stitched with wash away thread and were made to help stabilize the quilt .  I, too, am one of those that stitches down my binding by hand.  I like hand work and it allows me to cuddle with my almost finished quilt.  Tuesay I washed, dried and wrapped "precious".

Sunday I made two of these little stuffies.  One for the new babe and one for her big sis.  I bought  the pattern from Retro Mama.  The main body is minki - so  soft and the wings match the main square in the quilt.

9 comments:

  1. a great little quilt and very cute owl stuffie~!!~

    :-)
    libbyQ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the owl. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DgD does too. I see more in the near future

      Delete
  3. Beautiful quilt and fun owl.

    Thanks for linking up this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "I would say that Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday were spent making excuses about why I couldn't get anything done" One of the funniest 15 minute reports I've seen (mainly because I totally identify with what you said !)

    Love the different FM patterns on the baby quilt.

    Way to go on the stuffies. That owl is cute as a button.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol Shay- I read your post and figured we were on the same wave length last week/

      Delete
  5. Lovely quilt. Just a hint if you are totally free motion quilting the quilt you don't have to do the straight stitch to stabilise as long as you have basted correctly. Just start in the middle and work your way out

    ReplyDelete

Background and banner by Natalie