Friday, August 12, 2011

Favorite Things Friday

Pop on over to Shay's and join in the Friday Fun!

My favorite thing this week is my little back yard garden  The patch is about three feet wide and ten feet long.  I am sure you real farmers out there are having quite a giggle but I have enjoyed picking peas with my DGD, having fresh sweet swiss chard once a week, ohhing over my heirloom tomatoes and wondering if I will ever get a squash out of all those blossoms.



The peas have gone by but I have planted some more for a late summer/early fall feast and we are on to a second planting of lettuce.  This weekend we will go to our local "real" farm and get some field fresh sweet corn. Yummmm.

Time to get chopping!


Nana B




8 comments:

  1. What a fantastic crop! Our back yard isn't much bigger and I can't grow anything! I'd love to go to a farm and pick some veggies, must put on my to do list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your backyard garden. I've got one of those myself. Stopping in to read everyone's FTF posts. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I only have tomatoes left in my garden, but they are still going strong. It is my first year trying to grow stuff, but it won't be my last. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like you packed a lot of growing into 30 square feet NanaB and how cute is your grand daughter holding the produce!

    There's nothing quite like home grown fruits and vegies.

    Thanks for dropping in to FTF this week. I loved hearing about your garden.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes I'd love to have a back yard that size, I have 3 acres, way too big for me, and I only grow herbs and cherry tomatoes in pots!!!!
    You have a lovely selection of vegetables growing, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great harvest. I am still hoping! Your grandaughter is very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, a very productive little space it is! just shows big is not always good.
    Cheers
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fresh is always best - Lucky you to enjoy the growing and the eating.

    ReplyDelete

Background and banner by Natalie