Wednesday, May 18, 2011

PhD number 3

PhD number three has not been without it's challenges.  I decided that I would wait until the baby was born so that I could put his/her name and DOB with my embroidery attachment  That meant that I had to undo some free form machine quilting.  Ok unstitching done and waiting.


Baby girl is born - mother and babe are recovering.  Time to pull out the quilt.  Well it has been a long time since I have used that embroidery attachment but I was able to figure it out without too much fuss(ing).


Until**!! (bad four letter word) The back got caught up the machine.  Unstitching maachine embroidery is darn near impossible -at least for me......
Ohhhh Noooooo
So I made a patch

The couple has three dogs so this should work.

I know- three dogs, a new born, hubby works double time in the summer - yikes.  Good thing they are young.


And done!  More of a tummy rug then a quilt but I think too big for a wall hanging.  Oh well it is cute.

Sew, since the first of the year, in addition to the life demands that we all have, I have completed three PhDs, started and finished two baby quilts, participated in a swap, started a table runner, have the ideas and material for three lap quilts and joined a fmq placemat swap.  Now that the weather is warming and the garden and yard are being added to the list of chores it will be a challenge to keep up the sewing.

Hmmm, is that the beach I hear calling......


No comments:

Post a Comment

Background and banner by Natalie