Saturday, May 21, 2011

FNSI

Hello Friday Night Sewers - My night started late - 11pm- and went until 1am.  Needless to say I did not accomplish all that I wanted but I was able to get a good start on a placemat for a swap.  The circle for the sunflower was done following this tutorial by Anna Maria Horner.
Orange for a lover of brights

Remember the VW bus?  Road trip anyone??!!


I am a fan of Leah Day, DayStyle Designs, and her Free Motion Quilting Project.  On this project I have used her peppermint candy swirl, flame stitch and I plan to use two more.  The swap rules require a minimum of three of her designs.  Needless to say my fmq is not equal to Leah's but it is fun!

This afternoon I hope to visit my fellow Friday Night Sewers.

ps: Check out Myra's PhD challenge  - guess who finished third?!!! Yup, me - tee hee.  My first award for quilting

6 comments:

  1. Congrats on your PhD diploma... well done. I'm just about to finish #2 of 3.
    Love your placemat ... makes me want to head out on a roadtrip!
    Any sewing at FNSI is good... no matter how little! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the placemat and the VW camper is so cute. I love Leah's blog it's helpful. Your fmq is great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you know you are a "no reply" blogger? Makes it hard to let you know if you WIN my giveaway, and also to reply to comments left :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You VW/sunflower project there looks great so far!

    Feels good to get those PhDs off your back hey!?! I'm still working on mine... 8-(

    Happy stitches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nana, the VW bus is adorable! Congrats on completing your PhD challenge, very cool.

    ReplyDelete

Background and banner by Natalie