Monday, April 18, 2011

Less Baking More Sewing

One of my hobbies is baking.  I bake all sorts of things: pies, cookies, cakes, bread, cupcakes, scones, biscotti.....well you get the drift.  Occasionally I try to become proficient at one item.  This past year I have been baking cakes and cupcakes.  I tried working with fondant, learning from videos on YouTube, borrowing books from the library and watching every cake show I could find on TV.  One year and twenty pounds later I have decided to stop the madness.

DGD is the one who should be growing in this house by the sea - not Nana.  She is growing up but I am growing wide.  Time to go back to the no calorie hobby - sewing.

The swap I joined, Blockwork Orange, is over.  We have all received our orange wonky blocks and they are pretty cool.  I am not sure how I am going put them together but I will keep you posted.

Some of the left over orange is being put to good use in a couple of craft projects.  I have finished one using a tutorial for an Ipod cover from Handmade by Heidi.  This was quick, easy and cute.


It looks like a puzzle piece and it fits together like one!


I moved the elastic closer together so that it DID  hold the Ipod  in place.

Ta da -Thanks Heidi!                                                        

1 comment:

  1. A great little project Nana B!! Thanks for the link to the tutorial!!!

    I look forward to seeing this Swap project! 8-)

    Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete

Background and banner by Natalie