Friday, February 11, 2011

Favorite Things Friday

I am off to the dentist in a half an hour - not my favorite thing.  As this is a "special" dentist I have to leave the island, a one hour boat ride,  walk about a mile to his office and arrive breathless for probably all of five minutes.  Hopefully five minutes that will mean all is healing well.

My favorite thing this Friday goes along with Shay's.  I may not be able to wear all those cute shoes but I do love a good pair of socks.  Comfy socks for warming the feet, good running socks so the feet don't get torn up when pounding the pavement and pretty trouser socks for work.  My shoes don't sing but the socks tell a different story.  Unfortunately DD has taken my camera and my DGD to visit her in-laws so I feel like I am cheating by not posting any pictures.  


12 comments:

  1. Dentist=Ick!

    Making an appointment is also on my list of things to do today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I was a gazillionaire, I'd wear new socks every day. I like Bonds anklet socks with the padded sole. They're about $2.50 a pair. I have to get the black ones though, to go with my work shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the new softy socks and oh so warm...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was at the dentist today too Nana..ugh. hope your visit went OK.

    I must confess I only own about three pairs of socks. But they are wonderfully warm for those freezing nights we occasionally get here . Nothing better than slipping on a pair of socks to warm up your feet on a cold winter night!

    Thanks for linking up to FTF this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. really, Shay, three pairs of socks!!!!!

    Socks get me through the winter. I only wear Smartwools from October through April - about $20 a pair, but worth every penny.

    Great FTF!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I only have boring socks .. but I do love all the different socks out there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can relate to favorite socks. I've got two drawers of socks, all very similar, but there are certain ones I love to wear and when those are in the laundry, I'm bummed. Happy FTF!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Socks are great for winter. I have a selection of athletic socks, and a few for winter to wear with my boots. When I used to live in a cooler climate I had lots of lovely coloured and patterned ones, I only have a few left now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mmm. Comfy socks. I totally agree. Great FTF.

    xo -El

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love socks but only get to wear them in winter. I am currently trying to learn how to knit them as the ones we buy here are terrible and get a hole as soon as you put them on. Just have to get past that turning the heel part ;-)

    If that header is a photo of your place no wonder you love socks....cold feet are awful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have tried knitting socks but never got to the second one lol good luck. I hear once you get the first pair done you become addicted :)

    Yes, that is my home. The picture is taken from the "car" boat as we round the point. Our winter has actually been mild compared to the rest of New England tis year.

    ReplyDelete
  12. ooops sorry about the spelling " this " year

    ReplyDelete

Background and banner by Natalie