Saturday, January 29, 2011

What not to do

Here is a picture of my first attempt at word  play using Tonya Ricucci's book, Word Play Quilts. What a fun book. The word is "bebe" which is how DGD pronounces baby.  I didn't "get" that the spacers were supposed to be the same fabric as the back ground - hence the dark green E in the middle of the word.   I would also use the doted fabric for the letters and the plain for the background next time for a better effect.

Even though this was not a success it was so much fun.  What a great way to use left over bits of fabric.  I am definitely going to do this again! The ideas are coming fast and furiously.

But I can't play all day.  In addition to all the regular chores of a working family, I have curtains to make.  DS is bringing  home a girl friend and we are using this visit as the push to do some much needed indoor sprucing up.

2 comments:

  1. Kudos for trying! That's an interesting idea for quilting. Thanks for sharing. Hope the visit with DS's girlfriend goes well. :o) Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete

Background and banner by Natalie