Friday, January 7, 2011

New Projects

Sorry PhDs but you WILL get finished!! I just want to show off the new patterns I bought before Christmas. Now like many other quilters I already have a drawer of patterns purchased, ideas culled from magazines and a storage bin of kits yet to be opened. In addition to quilt kits I have three table runner kits from Shabby Fabric. Their stuff is so sweet.



Sew back to the two newest patterns.  This is a Christmas quilt pattern by Ricky Tims.  The squares are log cabins and the trees are pieced.  All in all not too difficult.   I have always wanted a Christmas quilt for my family and now I might just get one.  I have just received the six yards of white from Hancock's of Paducah.  Now I need to find two yards of red that I love.    



My second purchase is a paper piecing pattern from MH Designs.  I just fell in love with those baby elephants.  As I have no one in mind for this quilt it may not get done for a while.  On the other hand our church has a silent auction during our summer fair hummmmm.


   


My third new project is-me.  Two of my girlfriends and I have started running together again.  This means that I may actually get in shape for the 10k race that we have signed up to run at the end of February.  In order to do this we have to take a boat to the "mainland" run the race and take a boat home.   Now the DHs are wondering why we just don't run six miles at home.  But then we won't get that nifty tee shirt lol.  Wish us luck.

TA for now Nana B

No comments:

Post a Comment

Background and banner by Natalie