Thursday, January 6, 2011

Favorite Things Friday

What a great way to stay positive.  It is still Thursday on this little island of mine but since I was number 1 on Shay's blog I am going to post my favorite thing  drum roll please.........

My favorite thing is running to get the panicked, screaming, fallen down toddler and realize that she was just surprised by the fall and the noise of everything coming down around her and NOT hurt.  Praise be and now my heart can slow down and I can breath again.

By the way the seahorse quilt for Myra's PhD challenge is a bit small to be a quilt so I am now calling it a wall hanging.  When the baby is born I will put both name and birth date along the bottom.  As the new arrival is due in April I will still be able to complete it for the challenge.

13 comments:

  1. I can appreciate why your relief at no injury would be a favourite thing. Grandchildren are so precious.
    Cheers
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, that's a sweet favorite thing! I never thought about it before, but you're right, that is a great feeling of relief, plus the fact that mommy can make it all better real quick.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too hadn't thought about that, but can see why it would be a favourite. Good to see you joining in for FTF.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think you realize the true meaning of the word terror until you have children. Great favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love your favourite and I so well remember those times.
    Cute little blog you have...Greetings from Germany, Kirsten

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet relief is a good favorite! :o) Happy FTF! Can't wait to see your quilt. If you get a moment, pop over to my blog and help me decide on fabric choice for my first quilt. Thanks! Happy Friday! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I so remember those days!

    I love your "baby it's cold outside" pictures - beautiful, especially since I'm sitting in a comfy chair and our furnace is running full-force!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I miss those days...well the baby days. Now the grandchildren just give the hugs and worry about me as I age...it's a gift!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Phew, rrelief like that certainly should be a favorite. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Agreed! That is a wonderful favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great favourite. Loved you frozen pics - it looked a bit like a bunch of bunnies turned to ice by the fence! Maybe that just me!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nothing like picking up a child and realising the screaming is from fright and not a severed limb or major injury. Relief is one of MY favourite things.

    Isnt adrenalin amazing! Bet you felt like you could climb mountains after THAT rush.

    Thanks for linking up to FTF this week Nana!

    ReplyDelete

Background and banner by Natalie