Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Baby it's Cold Outside


I believe it was Mark Twain who said: "If you don't like the weather in New England wait a minute." Snow storms up and down the coast then beautiful sunshine filled moderate days. On our island we were given a mix of freezing rain, snow and WIND. The days before and after Christmas the boats and planes were cancelled right and left. If you were "lucky" enough to get on or off the island during a break in the weather I heard that you were wishing you were back on solid ground. Santa had a hard time squeezing in his delivery and his elves, UPS and the USPS, had nothing to do for days or days worth of deliveries in one.

Thank goodness for the good old fabric stash!! Now I need to get some powdered milk, bottled water, candles etc to wait out the rest of the winter. Just kidding, the supermarket shelves did get low but our cabinets are full. I bet we could eat for a week with the items in our pantry; it may be boring and we would miss fresh vegs and fruit but it could be done. Of course the same could be said for the fabric stash and the patterns that I keep buying and clipping; I could make quite a few quilt tops with what I already have.

Sew why don't I?? No clue.  Except that there are so many new and wonderful patterns and materials that it is hard to look back and so tempting to charge (no rest for my credit card) forward.  Of course one should finish what one has started and Myra's PhD challenge is a great way to get back on track.

Stay warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Background and banner by Natalie